Gold Medal
First Joint Action
80 Brave Men
Raid Photos
Reports & Interviews
Scrap Book!
Audio & Video Clips
The Raider Emblem
The Goblets
Dads Story
Photos of Dad
Art Work
Scholarship Fund
Children of the Raiders


80 Brave Men
The Doolittle Tokyo Raiders Roster

Crew of 1st Aircraft - Plane # 40-2344 - Crew from 34th Squadron - (Bail Out)
Lieutenant Colonel Doolittle's bomber was the first over Japan and the first to drop its bomb load. The four incendiaries fell at 12:30 p.m. (Tokyo time) to incinerate a large factory. Doolittle then flew west to reach the coast of China after dark. By 9:30 fuel was low and unable to find an airfield in the heavy fog, Doolittle ordered his crew to bail out among the mountains of China. He then followed them into the night, his B-25 crashing on a nearby mountainside. The only injury sustained by any of the crew was a sprained ankle. Local Chinese escorted the Americans to Chuchow from where they eventually returned home safely.

Lt. Col. Doolittle's No.1 bomber crashed in Haotianguan, where Zhejiang Province meets Anhui Province. Five pilots parachuted and landed in the Tianmushan area in Lin'an County, Zhejiang Province. Lt. Col. Doolittle stayed overnight in a water-powered trip-hammer in a paddy field until he was found by several young students the next day, and escorted to the Western Zhejiang Administration. There, he was joined by his fellow crewmen who were escorted here by Zhu Xuesan, a primary school teacher who could speak some English, and certain villagers including Zhang Gengrong.

Pilot Lt. Col. J.H. Doolittle

Co-Pilot Lt. R.E. Cole

Navigator Lt. H.A. Potter

Bombardier SSgt. F.A. Braemer

Engineer Gunner SSgt. P.J. Leonard

Click on image for larger version

Crew of 2nd Aircraft - Plane # 40-2292 - Crew from 37th Squadron, 17th Group - (Crash landing - China)
Lieutenant Hoover lifted off five minutes behind Jimmy Doolittle and caught up to the lead aircraft en route to Japan. His B-25 followed Doolittle's until it reached the shoreline, at which time Hoover veered off to bomb his own targets, two factory buildings and storehouses. He then trailed Doolittle most of the way to China where he managed to make a wheels-up crash-landing in a soft rice paddy. The crew was uninjured and walked for three days before friendly local guerilla fighters found them. On April 22 they went by boat to Sungyao, then traveled by train and by foot to arrive in Chunking on May 14.

This plane, flown by Hoover, closely followed Doolittle into Tokyo and dropped their bombs from only 900 feet. (also on a factory). They then headed to China with Doolittle's plane in sight. After losing sight of plane #1 in the darkness over the Chinese mainland, Hoover landed the plane safely in a rice paddy near the port city of Ningbo, Zhejiang Province, which was then an area occupied by the Japanese army. They set fire to the plane before evacuating westward with what they might need on the plane. The crewmen stayed overnight in a valley. Like the crew ahead of them this crew was also picked up by Chinese guerrillas and escorted to the Western Zhejiang Administration.

Pilot Lt. T. Hoover

Co-Pilot Lt. W.N. Fitzhugh

Navigator Lt. C.R. Wildner

Bombardier Lt. R.E. Miller

Engineer Gunner SSgt. D.V. Radney

Click on image for larger version

Crewmen of No.2 US bomber with Tung-Sheng Liu (third right), a Chinese man involved in the rescue work.

Crew of 3rd Aircraft - Plane # 40-2270 - "Whisky Pete" - Crew from 95th Squadron, 17th Group - (Bail Out)
Lieutenant Gray flew his B25 through antiaircraft fire to drop his bombs on industrial areas of Tokyo and strafe a military barracks before flying on to China. He ordered his crew to bail out when fuel ran out. During evacuation of the airplane Gunner Leland Faktor became the first casualty of the raid. Gray's navigator injured a leg upon landing and his copilot cut a hand while attempting to make a water bag out of his parachute's rubber cushion. The four survivors were assisted by local Chinese in reaching Chuhsien. The crew remained in the theater to conduct bombing missions. Robert Gray Field at Fort Hood, TX is named for the pilot of this B25 who was later killed in action.

Lt. Robert M. Gray who flew aircraft No. 3 failed to make out the coastline in the rainy night. Not until Lt. Robert M. Gray saw some lights through the cloud did he know that they had reached the Chinese land and were exactly over the sky of a city. Gray dropped the two candle bombs left, hoping to find a place for landing, but in vain. He could see nothing in the darkness. Gray ordered the crew to bail out at about 10 p.m.
as the fuel was running out. The bomber was then flying over a mountainous area near Suicang County of Zhejiang province. Lt. Robert M. Gray landed in a hillside and was shocked with cold sweat as he looked around and found that he was just a few steps away from a cliff! Gray and Sgt. A.E. Jones were found and escorted by local farmers to Quzhou (Chuchow) the next morning. Co-pilot Lt. Jacob E. Manch also landed in a hillside. Knowing the danger of walking in a mountainous area in darkness, Lt. Jacob E. Manch went to sleep with the parachute as his quilt. At daybreak the next morning, he walked down to a village at the foot of hill and met a local farmer, who later escorted him to Quzhou (Chuchow). Navigator-gunner Lt. Charles J. Ozuk was lucky enough to fall into a tree as his parachute hung on the tree. Ozuk was saved next morning by a local farmer named Liu Fangqiao, who carried him to Quzhou (Chuchow). 20-year-old engineer-gunner Cpl. Leland D. Faktor died as he fell down the cliff.


Pilot Lt. R.M. Gray

Co-Pilot Lt. Jacob E. Manch

Navigator Lt. C.J. Ozuk

Bombardier Sgt. A.E. Jones

Engineer Gunner Cpl. L.D. Faktor

Click on image for larger version

Receipts showing fees paid for carrying the American pilots in sedan chairs or rickshaws.

Crew of 4th Aircraft - Plane # 40-2282 - Crew from 95th Squadron, 17th Group - (Bail Out)
Shortly after takeoff Lieutenant Holstrom's rear gunner advised that the turret would not function, leaving the bomber protected only by a single .30-caliber nose-gun. This became critical as the bomber approached land just south of Tokyo and was jumped by four Japanese fighter planes. Holstrom ordered his bombs salvoed into Tokyo Bay before racing on to China. His crew bailed out over land when their fuel was expended. The crewmembers, with the exception of Lt. McCool, remained in Indo-China to conduct missions until late 1943, Holstrom commanding the 11th Bombardment Squadron. Lieutenant McCool went on to fly missions in the European Theater.

Pilot Lt. E.W. Holstrom

Co-Pilot Lt. L.N. Youngblood

Navigator Lt. H.C. McCool

Bombardier Sgt. R.J. Stephens

Engineer Gunner Cpl. B.M. Jordan

Click on image for larger version

Crew of 5th Aircraft - Plane # 40-2283 - Crew from 95th Squadron, 17th Group - (Bail Out)
Captain Jones took off safely despite a leak in the bomb bay gas tank and proceeded to Tokyo. His bombs scored direct hits on a power station, oil tanks and a large manufacturing plant. Continuing on to China, he flew on instruments until he estimated he was in the vicinity of Chuhsien. His entire crew bailed out without injury and was the first of the raiders to reach Chuhsien. Two of the crew remained in Indo-China while Captain Jones and Lieutenant Truelove went on to fly in Europe. Though all five members of the crew survived the Tokyo raid, two were killed in action before the war ended and Captain Jones spent time in a German POW camp.

Pilot Capt. D.M. Jones

Co-Pilot Lt. R.R. Wilder

Navigator Lt. E.F. McGurl

Bombardier Lt. D.V. Truelove

Engineer Gunner Sgt. J.W. Manske

Click on image for larger version

Crew of 6th Aircraft - Plane # 40-2298 - "The Green Hornet" - Crew from 95th Squadron, 17th Group - (Bail Out - POW Prisoners)
Lieutenant Hallmark dropped his bombs on a steel mill north of Tokyo but not no damage assessment could be made until after the war when the one surviving crewman was repatriated. The two enlisted members of the crew drowned when the pilot ditched his bomber in the ocean just off the coast of China after fuel ran out. Lt. Hallmark was slightly injured but swam to shore to meet up with the other two survivors. The following day they buried the bodies of Dieter and Fitzmaurice and then tried to reach safety with the help of friendly local Chinese. All three men were captured and interred as POWs. Of the 5-man crew, only Lt. Nielsen survived the war, the highest casualty rate of the raid.

Pilot Lt. D.E. Hallmark

Co-Pilot Lt. R.J. Meder

Navigator Lt. C.J. Nielsen

Bombardier Sgt. W.J. Dieter

Engineer Gunner Cpl. D.E. Fitzmaurice

Click on image for larger version

Crew of 7th Aircraft - Plane # 40-2261 - "The Ruptured Duck" - Crew from 95th Squadron, 17th Group - (Crash landing - China coast)
Ted Lawson and his crew successfully dropped their bombs on industrial factories in downtown Tokyo before withdrawing to fly on to China. Lawson was forced to ditch in the water just off the coastline and was severely injured in the crash. Only the aircraft gunner was uninjured and Lt. McClure had to remain hospitalized until 1943. The injuries of the crew were treated by Doc White who got himself included in the raid as a gunner on the 15th aircraft. He had to amputate Lawson's leg in the field before either man could join the raiders at Chuhsien. Upon his return home Lawson authored the first story of the raid in the book Thirty Seconds over Tokyo.

No.7 bomber fell into the sea under the jurisdiction of Sanmen County, Zhejiang Province. Local villagers took the five US crew to Haiyou Town to have their wounds simply dressed. Four of the five, who were seriously wounded, were rushed in sedan chairs to the Linhai Enze Medical Bureau, where better medical facilities were available. Chen Shenyan, a medical doctor, and US military medical doctor Lt. Thomas R. White, who rushed there when told the news, succeeded in performing a limb amputation on Ted W. Lawson. Two British nuns were invited to be his interpreters and cook Western food for him. Dr. Chen Shenyan then escorted the four other US wounded crewmen to Guilin in Guangxi.

Pilot Lt. T.W. Lawson

Co-Pilot Lt. D. Davenport

Navigator Lt. C.L. McClure

Bombardier Lt. R.S. Clever

Engineer Gunner Sgt. D.J. Thatcher

Click on image for larger version

Crew of 8th Aircraft Plane # 40-2242 - Crew from 95th Squadron, 17th Group - (Landed and Interned in Russia)
Captain York's B25 had suffered engine problems prior to the loading of the aircraft on the Hornet, and the flight to Japan compounded this. Despite heavy fuel consumption by both engines, York continued on course to drop his bombs on their assigned targets. Throughout the run the aircraft was defenseless with a top turret that failed to work. Without enough fuel to reach China, Cpt. York elected to fly the shorter distance to Russia where he landed at a field near Vladivostok in hopes of refueling to reach China. Instead, the still neutral Soviets confiscated the bomber and interred the crew for thirteen months. The crew returned home in May 1943 after escaping into Persia.

Pilot Capt. E.J. York

Co-Pilot Lt. R.G. Emmens

Navigator Lt. N.A. Herndon

Bombardier SSgt. T.H. Laban

Engineer Gunner Sgt. D.W. Pohl

Click on image for larger version

These are images from Vladimir Plotnikov which he located at http://www.airforce.ru/history/ww2/photoalbum/page_11.htm of York's plane, the day after the raid, in Russia.

Crew of 9th Aircraft Plane # 40-2303 - "Whirling Dervish" - Crew from 34th Squadron, 17th Group - (Bail Out)
Lieutenant Watson and his crew conducted a highly effective bombing of the Tokyo Gas and Electric Company on the shore of Tokyo Bay before flying on to China. Arriving over land after dark and in a heavy rain, Watson ordered his crew to bail out 100 miles south of Pyong Lake. Lieutenant Watson was the only member of the crew injured, and was carried to Hengyang in a porter by friendly Chinese. He was returned home where he remained hospitalized at Walter Reed Hospital in Washington, D.C. until the summer of 1944. Sgt. Bissell returned home to take pilot training and earn his wings and a commission in 1943. S/Sgt Scott also later earned a commission.

Pilot Lt. H.F. Watson

Co-Pilot Lt. J.M. Parker Jr.

Navigator Lt. T.C. Griffin

Bombardier Sgt. W.M. Bissell

Engineer Gunner Tsgt. E.V. Scott

Click on image for larger version

Crew of 10th Aircraft Plane # 40-2250 - Crew from 89th Reconnaissance Squadron - (Bail Out)
This aircraft originally intended to take off from the Hornet two days after leaving California to test the bomber's ability to safely lift off. That mission was cancelled and Joyce and crew joined the raid to bomb the Japan Special Steel Company and other targets. The mission was highly successful despite heavy AA fire and an attack by nine enemy fighters. It was the only plane to suffer any major damage over Japan (an 8" hole in the fuselage), but continued on to China where the crew safely bailed out. Local Chinese assisted the crew in reaching Chuhsien in only four days and the entire crew remained in Indo-China to conduct missions well into 1943.

Pilot Lt. R.O. Joyce

Co-Pilot Lt. J.R. Stork

Navigator Bombardier Lt. H.E. Crouch

Engineer Gunner Sgt. G.E. Larkin Jr.

Gunner SSgt. E.W. Horton Jr.

Click on image for larger version

Crew of 11th Aircraft Plane # 40-2249 - "Hari Kari-er" - Crew from 89th Reconnaissance Squadron - (Bail Out)
Upon reaching Japan Captain Greening's bomber inadvertently flew over an active enemy air base, and ten minutes later came under attack from four fighters. The gunner believed he shot down one of the enemy fighters and damaged another before the B25 reached its targets to bomb a large oil refinery and storage area. The crew also fired on three enemy patrol boats at the mouth of Tokyo Harbor before heading west to China. The crew bailed out 200 miles inland from the coast. Lt. Reedy broke his kneecap and suffered a scalp wound and Sergeant Gardner sprained both ankles. The entire crew made it safely to Chuhsien where the two men received treatment.

No.11 bomber crashed in a mountainous area on the border of Zhejiang and Anhui provinces. Five US crew were escorted to Shexian County in Anhui Province. When Zeng Jianpei, an interpreter, asked them about their needs, S/Sgt. William L. Birch said he wanted a bottle of beer. Beer was rarely found then. To his surprise, however, Zeng found him a Shanghai brand bottle of beer. Recalling this segment of history, S/Sgt. Birch later said that bottle of beer was “the tastiest beer I have ever tasted in my life.”

Pilot Capt. C.R. Greening

Co-Pilot Lt. K.E. Reddy

Navigator Lt. F.A. Kappeler

Bombardier SSgt. W.L. Birch

Engineer Gunner Sgt. M.J. Gardner

   Nose art on B-25B "Hari Carrier" (USAAF serial # 40-2249), photographed while the plane was parked on board USS Hornet (CV-8), en route to the raid launching point. This aircraft was mission plane # 11, piloted by Captain C. Ross Greening. It attacked targets in the Yokohama area on 18 April 1942.
Click on image for larger version

Crew of 12th Aircraft Plane # 40-2278 - "Fickle Finger" - Crew from 37th Squadron, 17th Group - (Bail Out)
 Lieutenant Bower and crew successfully bombed the Ogura refinery, two factories and a large warehouse along the docks at Yokohama. This they accomplished despite two enemy fighters that trailed them inland, and a series of barrage balloons over their target. On their flight to reach China flew over a Japanese weather boat. They strafed and sank it before flying on to bail out over China Sergeant Duquette broke his foot when he parachuted to the ground and was transported in a sedan carried by local Chinese as the entire crew traveled to join up with Lieutenant Joyce's crew from the 10th aircraft. Both crews reached Chuhsien four days later.

Pilot Lt. W.M. Bower

Co-Pilot Lt. T. Blanton

Navigator Lt. W.R. Pound Jr.

Bombardier TSgt. W.J. Bither

Engineer Gunner SSgt. O.A. Duquette

Click on image for larger version

Crew of 13th Aircraft Plane # 40-2247 - "The Avenger" - Crew from 37th Squadron, 17th Group - (Bail Out)
Despite heavy anti-aircraft fire Lieutenant McElroy and crew attacked the Yokosuka Naval Base to bomb enemy shipping and supplies. One Japanese ship took a direct hit and was seen to fall over on its side, and a second was sheathed in flames when the B25 continued west towards China. The crew successfully bailed out over land and the only injury was a wrenched knee suffered by Sergeant Williams. The crew arrived at Chuhshei three days later thanks to help from local friendly Chinese. The entire crew remained in Indo-China to fly missions for more than a year, and all five crew members survived the war despite an enviable record of combat missions.

Pilot Lt. E.E. McElroy

Co-Pilot Lt. R.A. Knobloch

Navigator Lt. C.J. Campbell

Bombardier Sgt. R.C. Bourgeois

Engineer Gunner Sgt. A.R. Williams

Click on image for larger version

Notice the art on the side of this plane.  This is recently discovered by Paul Mirich  

Crew of 14th Aircraft Plane # 40-2297 - Crew from 89th Reconnaissance Squadron - (Bail Out)
Major Hilger observed a Japanese patrol plane within hours of his takeoff, but the enemy apparently never saw the incoming bomber. The B25 continued west without incident to drop bombs on a military barracks at Nagoya Castle and the Mitsubishi Aircraft Plant south of Nagoya. The effectiveness of their aim was evident as the airplane continued westward. More than 30 miles from one of their targets, they could still see a plume of smoke rising a mile into the sky. The crew safely bailed out of their bomber inside China, and were able to reach Chuhsien within two days. Part of the crew remained in Indo-China and others went on to serve in Europe.

Pilot Major J.A. Hilger

Co-Pilot Lt. J.A. Sims

Navigator Bombardier Lt. J.H. Macia Jr.

Radio Gunner SSgt E.V. Bain

Engineer Gunner SSgt. J. Eierman

Click on image for larger version

Crew of 15th Aircraft - Plane # 40-2267 - "TNT" - Crew from 34th Squadron, 17th Group - (Crash Landing - Ditched off China Coast)
Lieutenant Smith and his crew were assigned to bomb targets in Kobe, southwest of Tokyo. They successfully dropped their payload on a large aircraft factory as well as around the dock yards, before flying on towards China. Smith decided to ditch his bomber in the waters near a small island near Sangchow. All crew members safely exited the aircraft before it sank, and paddled to shore in a life raft. For days the Japanese hunted the area for the American raiders, but evaded them in a Chinese junk. En route to Chuchow Smith learned of Ted Lawson's serious injuries and the evaders traveled on to meet up with him so Lieutenant White could render medical aid.

In the dark rainy night, pilot Lt. Donald Smith finally saw the mountains along the Chinese coastline. He tried in vain to raise the bomber to escape the mountain peaks--the fuel is running out. Smith was then forced to land on the sea, an area less than 500 meters away from the Tantou Mountain Island of east China's Zhejiang Province. The bomber landed steadily on the sea water and the aircrew all was safe without any injury. When the crew swam safely to the shore on the Tantou Mountain Island, they found that gunner(and surgeon) Lt.. Tom "Doc" White was left nowhere. It turned out that White was looking for his "treasures"--a surgical instrument box and a case full of medicine. White failed to find his medicine box, though; he got back his surgical instrument box in the sea. Years later, White still regretted failing to find his medicine box. Had the medicine box not been lost in the sea, Lt. Ted Lawson of Bomber No. 7 might not have lost his leg.

Ma Liangshui was playing cards with friends at home when suddenly he heard barks outside the village. Sparkling flash of flashlights could also be seen in the darkness at the far side of the village. In time of war, those who use flashlight in the night were either enemy soldiers or pirates. In a hurry, The Mas' fled to a mountain behind their house. After a moment of silence, Ma Liangshui's father-in-law volunteered to find what had happened. The old man soon came back and said that there were no pirates at all but a few foreigners. So Ma Liangshui and his family went home and found four foreigners, in odd leather dresses and all wet, in their pigpen. Ma brought them home and his wife Zhao Xiaobao found some dry clothes for them and lit a fire to warm them. Since no one in the village understood any English, it took the Mas'quite some time to identify the four foreigners. With the help of a world map, the Ma's finally knew that the four tall foreigners were U.S. pilots.

At daybreak the next morning, Ma Liangshui helped the four U.S. pilots find Doc White under a huge rock at the entrance of the village. In the night, Ma Liang Shui and other Chinese friends dressed them all up as Chinese fishermen and helped them through the Japanese blockade on a sampan.


Pilot Lt. D.G. Smith

Co-Pilot Lt. G.P. Williams

Navigator Bombardier Lt. H.A. Sessler

Flight Surgeon Lt. T.R. White M.D.

Engineer Gunner Sgt. E.J. Saylor

Click on image for larger version

Crew of 16th Aircraft Plane # 40-2268 - "Bat Out of Hell" - Crew from 89th Reconnaissance Squadron - (Crash Landing - China Coast - Japanese POW's)
The last B25 left the deck of the Hornet 59 minutes after Doolittle, facing the prospect of a forewarned Japanese defense. During takeoff a sailor slipped and fell into the propeller of one engine and lost an arm. The ill-fated crew successfully bombed oil storage tanks and an aircraft factory despite enemy fighter attacks, then headed on to China. Due to low fuel, Lieutenant Farrow instructed his crew to bail out even though he knew they were close to enemy-held Nangchang city. Within an hour Lt. Barr was captured and before noon all five crewmen became Prisoners of War.

Pilot Lt. W.G. Farrow

Co-Pilot Lt. R.L. Hite

Navigator Lt. G. Barr

Bombardier Cpl. J. DeShazer

Engineer Gunner Sgt. H.A. Spatz

Click on image for larger version

Honorary Tokyo Raiders

Bentz, Gerald E.
Pharmacist Mate, First Class
Born January 25, 1922, Wisner, Nebraska

Glines, Carroll V.
Born December 2, 1920, Baltimore, Maryland

Official Doolittle Tokyo Raider historian and noted author.

Graham, Charles J., Jr.
First Lieutenant
Born February 21, 1923, Venice, California

Leonard, Stephen
Born September 11, 1918, Kendallville, Indiana

Liu, Tung-Sheng
Born December 3, 1917, Wei-Tying, Kiangsi, China

Graduated from National Tsing Hua University, China.  Served as interpreter and assisted several crews in escaping Japanese troops after bail-outs in China.  Came to the United States in September, 1946 as student at University of Minnesota.  Received Master of Science degree in Aeronautical Engineering in 1947.  From 1947 to 1956 worked as instructor and research scientist at University of Minnesota.  Worked as aeronautical engineer for the Aeronautical Systems Division, Air Force Systems Command at Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio.  Became a US citizen in June, 1954.

Miller, Henry L.
Rear Admiral, USN
Born July, 18, 1912, Fairbanks, Alaska

Graduated from United States Naval Academy, June, 1934.  Pre-war service included three years duty at sea on the battleship Texas and the carrier Saratoga.  After return from duty aboard the Hornet with the Tokyo Raiders, commanded Air Group 23, based on the carrier Princeton.  Commanded Air Group 6 for remainder of war based on the Hancock.  Subsequently served with Office of Naval Research, and in various staff and command assignments with Atlantic and Pacific Fleets and Office of Chief of Naval Operations.  Graduate of Industrial College of the Armed Forces.  Made Honorary Tokyo Raider for his part in training personnel at Eglin Field, Florida and later at a California base before boarding the Hornet.  Promoted to Rear Admiral, July, 1959.  Decorations include the Distinguished Flying Cross with four Gold Stars, Air Medal with five Gold Stars, Legion of Merit, and the Army Commendation Ribbon.

Pittenger, Richard M.
Born October 12, 1912, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Air Force Personnel Aboard Hornet
But Not on Raid

Bates, James P., Lt., Pilot
Belk, Samuel M., Lt., Bombardier
Beth, Warren A., Lt., Navigator
Bondurant, Wiley M., Lt., Navigator
Brown, Daniel W., Lt., Bombardier
Daniel, Heston C., Lt., Pilot
Hackney, Robert M., Lt., Co-Pilot
Hartzell, Bert H., Lt., Navigator
Hinman, Harvey M., Lt., Pilot
Johnson, Harry, Jr., Maj., Liaison Officer
Keller, Louis E., Lt, Co-Pilot
Klein, Joseph R., Lt., Co-Pilot
Malmstrom, Arvid E., Lt., Co-Pilot
Mathews, James D., Lt., Navigator
Roloson, Glen C., Lt., Co-Pilot
Sabotka, Henry J., Lt., Co-Pilot
Stinzi, Vernon L., Capt., Pilot
Sullenger, Charles H., Lt., Navigator

Arbogast, Donald H., Cpl., Radio Maintenance, Gunner
Ahearn, Louis H., Cpl., Mechanic
Baldwin, Joseph N., Sgt., Maintenance
Batchelor, William E., Sgt., Mechanic
Brazell, Jess W., Sgt., Mechanic
Brisco, Albert S., S/Sgt., Mechanic
Cate, Lilburn N., Sgt., Mechanic
Cloud, Curtis L., Sgt., Maintenance
Coloff, Mike, S/Sgt., Mechanic
Dullinger, Harry W., Sgt., Armament, Gunner
Fichner, Lowell J., Sgt., Mechanic
Habben, Robert L., Sgt., Mechanic
Hansen, Gordon B, Sgt., Mechanic
Hanten, Leonard N., Sgt., Maintenance
Hattan, James F., Sgt., Mechanic
Hill, Thomas W., Sgt., Clerk
Hilton, Maurice J., Cpl., Radio Maintenance
Horne, Wendell C., T/Sgt., Bombardier, Aerial Gunner
Johnson, Foster S., Cpl., Radio Maintenance
Johnson, Raymond K., S/Sgt., Mechanic
Julius, Laurell E., Cpl., Mechanic
Lacquey, Harrison D., S/Sgt., Armament
Lash, Wayne H., Pfc., Gunner
Lee, Francis M., Sgt., Mechanic
Lopez, Joseph A., T/Sgt., Armament, Gunner
Minich, Wilson L., T/Sgt, Mechanic, Gunner
Murphy, James B., Sgt., Mechanic
Reed, Charles E., Sgt., Maintenance
Schwartz, Richard L., Cpl., Mechanic
Smith, Douglas P., S/Sgt., Mechanic
Sucker, Leslie A., Cpl., Armament
Sweigard, Roy R., S/Sgt., Maintenance
Treadwell, Charles T., Cpl., Armament
Wikoff, Lawrence E., S/Sgt., Armament

A special thanks to Russell Jacobs for the intensive data mining and many of the images of the burial sites and location information about the deceased Doolittle Raiders, of which, that information and images can be found on the Raiders individual pages.

Hit Counter

All content on this web site and the linked pages are property of Todd Joyce Copyright 1998-2012 and may not be copied, borrowed or duplicated without specific written permission.
If you have anything you would like to contribute to this web site please email me.  This site is best viewed at 1024 x 768 screen resolution.
This site was last updated on Monday, November 04, 2013
Click HERE for revision history.